The Bowen Technique deals with musculoskeletal related problems and general body re-balancing. It is a very gentle, extremely effective soft tissue therapy, using gentle rolling action over muscles, tendons, ligaments and fascia prompting the body to reset, repair and re-balance itself.
I use a fully holistic approach to all problems presented and the treatment is complementary to mainstream medical treatment.
The following have been observed to greatly improve with the Bowen Technique:-
- pain management
- sports injuries
- acute and chronic back pain
- general aches and pains
- frozen shoulder and tennis elbow
- jaw discomfort
- chronic fatigue, inc Fybromyalgia, MS, ME
- heel and foot pain
- stress and tension
- headaches and migraines
- quality of sleep
A client can expect the following from a treatment
- light clothes can stay on
- it is different to massage and there is no manipulation or adjustment
- sessions are approx 45 mins long with short breaks to allow the body to assimilate the information.
- relief is regularly felt immediately and most cases respond within 48hrs.
- Average number of sessions required is 3-4 over a 4-5 week period.
Obviously plans are decided on an individual client basis.